Bry (CIA person), Ellie (Nancy Drew), Sophie (Asian Princess) and Gracie (Abby Cadabby)all came up with costume ideas this year using things we already had! Janie didn't have much of a choice however because all of our children, when they were around this same age, have been a scarecrow. They had tons of fun last night & got way too much candy. Gracie said this morning with a sigh, "I can't believe Halloween is over already." I remember having those feelings too.
Notice our little "family" pumpkin in the background. It's so much work to carve a pumpkin for all the children, (Did that one year with out Bruce around-NEVER AGAIN!) so we started the tradition of taking turns designing the eyes, mouth and nose. Then everyone helps clean it out, saving the seeds for roasting of course. Next we put a candle in, light it, turn off all the lights and stand back and enjoy our family pumpkin!
I wanted to add this picture (Sorry it's so blurry.)
of Bryant dressed up in the scarecrow costume I made for him. This was taken 10 years ago. Oh, they grow up so fast!
5 comments:
They do grow up so fast!! Love your five blessings picture at the bottom of the page! :)
Great frugal ideas. And yes, they do grow up too fast!!
that's my little bry I remember most!!!
They all look so cute & it's fun when they are old enough (and creative enough) to come up with their own costume ideas. I have been out of the blogging world for a while so it was fun to look through your pictures & see your darling family. It looks like you had a great summer! Your family is so beautiful!
Hey, Family! I've been following your blog for a long time and thought I would make it official so I get emails when you post updates! Looks like Haloween was lots of fun. Love, Harry
Post a Comment