
This time of year really helps me ponder my blessing! I'm so thankful for the Savior who enables us to repent and ultimately be together FOREVER as families! We had such a wonderful visit with my mom and dad. What a treat to have them visit and also reunite with other loved ones we hadn't seen in many years! I cried off and on the Friday they left. Sometimes it feels lonely without them close by. Bruce tried to console me by calculating the amount of time we just spent together. Noting that if we lived close we may not spend the equivalent with each other until months went by. IT DIDN'T HELP!!!
We're all doing well and trying to adjust yet again to the Iowa cold. Wind chill is real out here! :) The children are all anxious for snow, but there have been years here where it's just cold with not much snow at all. We haven't experienced that yet!
Other news...Bruce is looking to hire his first employee. Talk about stressful and exciting! He's still working very hard and really loves/hates (mostly loves!) being his own boss. I'm just plugging along trying to get children where they need to be, when they need to be there! Still helping Bruce out when I can. I also find time to read and just finished Anne of Green Gables. I loved it! Bry is really excited to try wrestling in February. He's sure it will improve his foot ball skills. I'm not thrilled about another contact sport but I'm trying to be supportive of the idea. Ellie is loving academics in school. She works so hard and goes above and beyond. Ellie has been keeping things happy at our house with her smiles and sharing silly thoughts! Sophie spends a lot of her free time at the computer writing stories. She loves to write! It's so cute how she asks me if she can go on the computer to write a story. I always pause for affect and then reply, "I guess so." Inside I'm smiling, "Yes! That's so wonderful you love to write!" Gracie is consumed with birthday thoughts! She's almost seven. I survived hosting a hot cocoa party, complete with dipping spoons in chocolate (Thanks for the directions, Mom! They turned out so cute!) last Saturday to help her celebrate. She had fun and I survived because Ellie was there to help! Janie astonishes me with her thoughts she sweetly shares! The other day she said, "Mom, we are rich. We are rich because we have food!" Talk about an attitude of gratitude! Camie charms us will her smiles! She loves to play games with her daddy and thinks he is something special! I totally agree with her!
1 comment:
I love love love Anne of Green Gables! That Anne Shirley...kindred spirits are less rare than I thought :) Thanks for sharing bits of life :) ~harry
Post a Comment