I had some friends request a recipe for my ice cream cake. Sophie wanted this for her birthday cake this year. I decided to take step by step pictures.
All you need:
Plastic Wrap
9x13 pan
Ice cream scoop
1 gallon chocolate ice cream
2 packages Bordeaux Cookies by Pepperidge Farms1 12 oz package of mini heath bars
Line 9x 13 pan with plastic wrap. Use the handle end of an ice cream scoop to break up the heath bars. You want big chunks. Line bottom with 15 broken mini bars. (You will be creating two layers of the cake. The cake will be placed upside down on a platter.) By the way, you want to work fast so the ice cream doesn't melt to much. :)

I like to make little scoops and then spread them out once the bottom is filled up. I make it as flat as I can. Next you place a layer of cookies close together, like so: (I push down slightly-it's okay if the cookies break.)


Place another 15 heath bars on top of the cookies and add remaining ice cream and cookies. Cover with plastic wrap and freeze 24 hours. RESERVING the remaining candy bars. Before serving, remove plastic wrap, carefully place on a serving try up side down. Remove the first layer of plastic wrap you lined the pan with. Next add the reserved health bars and serve! We had to sing happy birthday and find the lighter etc, so I cake was getting a little "melty" by the time we served it. When we finished serving we quickly put it back in the freezer and enjoyed the cake four other nights! (We wish it would have only lasted one night, because that would have meant we had loved ones to share it with.:) Hope you enjoy as much as we did!
4 comments:
did you have little helpers to scoop out all those ice cream balls? Sure looks yummy. Happy birthday Sophia! We love you!
see you soon.
ps. tell Bryant that Joe is starting to drive me nuts talking about how cool Bryant is... I mean, I agree, of course, but after a million times a day of constant, " Bryant is so cool" and then non stop chatter about everything they talk about on the phone, it's hard not to roll my eyes at him! We are all going to have so much fun in Utah together!
love,
aunt erin
oh yum!!!!! you answered my question! Never mind!
Oh my, this looks delightful! It would be a wonderful FHE summer treat! Thanks Beck!
I'm coping the recipe! It looks delicious! Thanks for sharing...
Post a Comment